We are looking for an enthusiastic candidate to join our team as an Administration intern. You will become part of a small office in Brussels/Leuven (Belgium). This is a hybrid position so you must have a space where you can work in a professional manner with minimal noise interference and a stable internet connection. You may also come to the office daily if you don’t have such a working space. EARMA will provide the IT equipment needed for the internship.
EARMA is the European Association of Research Managers and Administrators and represents the community of research management professionals in Europe. Our members ensure the smooth running of research projects by providing administrative support. We are a non-profit organisation under Belgian law with a legal address in Brussels but a factual address in Leuven. Our members are mainly academic institutions, universities and research performing organisations. We organise an annual conference with 1000+ attendees, deliver projects funded by the European Commission, offer a research management training programme and provide additional opportunities for our community to share best practice. We have approximately 170 institutional members (organisations) and 200 individual members. EARMA has existed for 25 years and has a strong reputation in the Brussels R&I space.
You will assist the Financial and Administrative Manager in providing administration support to all areas of EARMA’s activities. Duties will include:
- Provide first line support with FAQs, common difficulties, and time-sensitive queries or assign escalations to the relevant individual
- Organise meetings
- Distribute and store correspondence (e.g., letters, emails and packages)
- Manage transport, travel and accommodation bookings
- Provide support at EARMA events or conferences as required
- Record membership/events payments in the EARMA system
- Manage office supplies and place orders
- Assist EARMA's Managing Director as required
- Ensure that day-to-day processes run smoothly
- Help prepare regular reports on expenses and assist with office budgets
- Prepare letters, presentations and reports
- Liaise with suppliers and clients when required
- Assist with the Implementation and maintenance of procedures/office administrative systems
- Assist with the organisation of induction programmes for new interns/employees
- Use a range of software packages
- Attend meetings with senior management when needed
- Assist the organisation's HR function by keeping personnel records up to date, arranging interviews and so on.
- Support team members and contribute to a good working atmosphere
- Be member focused, helping to build good relationships with EARMA members and volunteers
This position is compensated in line with a regular intern wage in Belgium.
If you would like to apply to this position, please send a CV and letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org