Purpose and objectives
Each year EARMA recognises an individual who has made an outstanding contribution to the RMA profession in Europe.
Deadline: 17:00 (CET) on March 15, 2022.
The following eligibility rules must be met:
- Nominees must have a minimum of two years’ experience in Research Management and Administration (given the nature of the award, it is likely that this will be significantly more).
- Nominees must be members of EARMA in good standing and have been so for at least the previous membership year.
- Board and Award Committee members are ineligible and remain so for 3 years after the end of their term.
Nominees need not be involved in the application process.
Applications can be by anyone to nominate a colleague for the award, and this is the most common route.
The application is in the form of two references, in PDF format, which may be submitted together or separately. The two references should be from people based in different organisations to demonstrate the breadth of the contribution being outlined.
- Normally a page per reference is sufficient, there is a 2-page limit per reference.
- The reference can take any form, although a signed letter on headed paper is most traditional.
- The two references need not be the same, indeed if they highlight different parts of the contribution made by the nominee then the application as a whole is likely to be stronger.
- The referees need not be EARMA members.
Each reference must
- Indicate the name, affiliation and contact details of the nominee.
- Outline the contribution made by the nominee to EARMA and/or the RMA profession in Europe:
- Be specific about what they did and why it was important.
- Include timescales.
- Give evidence for the claims, where specific.
- Be “signed” by the referee making the nomination.
Submission are to be made via email to: email@example.com
Evaluation process, decision and notificaiton
All applications will be evaluated by the EARMA Awards Committee (AC). The AC will make recommendations to the EARMA Board which will be reviewed for ratification at the regular EARMA Board meeting.
The awardee will receive a written notification and will be invited to the EARMA Conference 2022 in Oslo.