Interactive workshop on US federal funding opportunities for international researchers
Friday 10 June 2016, 10.00 – 16.00 hrs
University of Glasgow: Sir Charles Wilson Building, University Avenue, Glasgow
This event, hosted by Glasgow University’s EU and International Research Support Team and part-funded by EARMA (the European Association of Research Managers and Administrators) will focus on US funders which award research grants directly to non-US institutions and is intended primarily for researcher support staff but will also be of interest to PIs.
The objectives of the workshop are to provide you with:
- an overview of the US Federal Research Funding landscape, focussing on
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- National Science Foundation (NSF)
- Department of Defense (DoD)
- an insight to the pre-application stage (funder registration processes and pre-requisites such as ethics review and research integrity systems/processes)
- guidance on finding suitable funding opportunities (front & back door approaches)
- instruction on the application processes and format of the main funders
- proposal writing tips (in the context of US federal funding)
WORKSHOP LEADER Robert Porter, PhD,
Places are limited and the workshop includes practical, on-line sessions for which participants will benefit from bringing along a fully charged lap top.
To register please email Ms Elaine Calder (email@example.com), stating whether your primary role is research or research support, and whether you are an EARMA member.
For further information click here.