The University of Luxembourg is seeking to make an appointment within its Research Support Department for the following position:
Research Administrator (m/f)
- · Ref: AC-110013
- · Fixed term contract for 18 months, (part-time 20h/week, maternity leave cover)
- · Employee status
The incumbent is supposed to provide administrative support for the entity by accomplishing administrative and performing organisational tasks as well as the correct, timely processing and documentation of files and information in order to handle research proposals and budgets in an effective and efficient manner. We seek a highly motivated individual with superb problem solving skills who will to work towards tight deadlines as is often the case in a busy University research service.
- assist the Head of the Research Support Department with research coordination, grant management and communication
- help the University’s researchers find, apply for, receive, and manage research funding; carry out the institutional validation procedure for internal and external funds, from pre-award to award to post-award;
- support research activities and dissemination in academia and society;
- ensure internal communication and cooperation within the Research Support Department, the Research Facilitation Group, the University administration (especially the Human Resource Service, the Accounting Service) regarding all research-related questions; support the maintenance and update of the intranet and the preparation of newsletters.
- take up other activities as needed by the Research Support Department
- University degree or equivalent professional qualification in an area relevant to research management, preferable in natural sciences as well as willingness to acquire further knowledge.
- Experience (3-5 years desirable, but highly motivated candidates with less specific experience will also be considered) in project monitoring and budget management, editing of activity reports.
- Excellent organisational skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Be flexible and have the ability to prioritise workload, keep deadlines, be able to work on different tasks in parallel.
- Excellent communication, organisational and problem solving skills, excellent interpersonal skills are required.
- Experience in the use of common computer software, collaborative on-line platforms, knowledge in MYSQL, ACCESS, SAP would be an asset and highly motivated candidates with less specific experience will also be considered.
- Be able to work in a multi-cultural and multilingual environment
- Excellent command of English and fluent in French and/or German (written and spoken).
Please apply until 18th June 2016. Via the following link: http://emea3.mrted.ly/122qy
The University of Luxembourg is an equal opportunity employer.